Cycling is a sport that needs a lot of energy and cyclists’ performance will always be affected by the food they eat. Maintaining a proper balance of vitamins,protein, minerals, carbohydrates, water and fats is very important. Here are some healthy foods suitable for cyclists to boost energy.
- Banana is a super food for cyclists. It has complex carbohydrates and potassium that can give enough energy for hours of pedaling. With 30 grams of carbs and 400 mg of potassium in one large banana, this fruit is a favorite among endurance athletes.
- Greek Yogurt contains high protein and probiotics. It can also can slow digestion down contributing to the production of continuous energy needed throughout the day. While carbs provide the energy boost needed to pedal strongly.
- Raisins and Dates are rich in carbs, sugar and potassium which can boost endurance, especially during long rides.
- Homemade Energy Bars are easy to eat snacks that can give cyclists the carbs that they need. Making one’s own energy bar can ensure healthier benefits since all ingredients can be adjusted to healthier choices.
- Nut and Seed Trail Mix is a great energy booster. Packed with antioxidants, vitamins, carbs and proteins, it can support the energy needed for uphill and downhill rides.
- For a steady dose of energy, especially in early morning rides, why not try Quinoa? Quinoa has loads of B vitamins which make it easier for the body to convert carbohydrates into energy.
- Aside from quinoa, oatmeal is also a filing breakfast before a ride. It contains soluble fiber that gives the feeling of being satiated for a sustained energy release. Moreover, oats also contain B vitamins, manganese and iron that helps in the process of energy production.
- Whole Wheat Bread has more fiber and protein than white bread. It can provide sustenance and the needed energy for long rides.
- 70% Dark Chocolates are energy boosters that contai
and caffeine that enhances alertness and mood.
- Whole Grain Cereal is rich in fiber and protein that makes the stomach feeling full for most of the ride. Which means, energy levels are sustained steadily.
Most commercially available energy boosters contain a lot of sugar. Sugar though can only provide short, temporary energy. Eating too much carbs may result in upset stomach. Bear in mind that all these energy boosting food can only function if water is included in the diet.
And while you’re at it, safer bike rides mean preventing accidents from happening. The RearViz Bike Mirror is a rear view bicycle mirror that can help save your energy from being stressed of checking your back all the time during rides.
It is wearable and adjustable which allows users to make only slight body movements while limiting vibrations and distorted visions. Keep on looking forward because the RearViz Bike Mirror has your back.
If you have questions just send us an email at email@example.com.